Requirements for admission to the MA program in Art History
- Applicants must have a degree (BA) from an accredited university and should have completed a minimum of 3-4 undergraduate courses (9-12 credits) in art history.
- GRE not required
- Minimum TOEFL/IELTS scores: 577 (PBT), 90-91 (IBT) or 6.5
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Personal statement of approximately one page
- Writing sample (8-to-10-page art history research paper)
- Two letters of reference should include at least one from a professor who can attest to the quality of the student’s academic work.
Art history majors are preferred. Students are encouraged to visit the campus, speak with one of the MA program advisors, and sit in on a class.
Application for admission is online
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis up until deadlines of November 15 to enter at the start of the spring semester and April 1 to enter at the start of the fall semester.
Tuition-based scholarships are awarded to the strongest applicants. Funding is limited, so applicants are encouraged to apply early. No separate application is required.